This section gives you step by step instructions on how to change the appearance of subtitles in iOS 15, with pictures of the screens to help.
1. Tap the Settings icon on your Home screen to open the Settings app. Scroll down and tap Accessibility.
2. On the Accessibility screen, scroll down and tap Subtitles & Captioning.
3. On the Subtitles & Captioning screen, tap Style.
4. On the Style screen you can choose one of the preset styles or you create your own style.
5. On the Style screen, tap Create New Style. You can now customise every aspect of how the subtitles appear. Select any of the options and choose new settings. The preview window at the top of the screen shows how your new settings will look.
6. In the Description box, type a title for your new style.
7. When you are happy with your new style, select the Save button in the top-right corner. Your new style will now appear in the list of preset styles.
8. When you are happy with your settings, you can return to the Home screen by swiping up from the bottom of the screen or by pressing the Home button on devices with a physical Home button.