This section gives you step by step instructions on how to enable Dark Mode in macOS 12 Monterey, with pictures of the screens to help.
1. Click the Apple icon in the top left corner of the screen and choose System Preferences from the menu.
2. In the System Preferences window, click General.
3. In the Appearance section at the top of the window, choose Dark or Auto. Auto switches between using Light Mode in the daytime and Dark Mode at night-time.
4. When you are happy with your settings, close System Preferences by clicking the Close button (red circle) in the top-left corner of the window or using the Cmd + W keyboard shortcut.
5. If you want to quickly turn Dark Mode on or off, click Control Centre in the menu bar, then click anywhere in the Display section.
6. Choose Dark Mode.
Note: If this does not work it could be because your computer settings are managed by someone else (an IT department or administrator for example). If so, you will need to contact them to access these settings or for help.