This section gives you step by step instructions on how to make clicking the trackpad easier in macOS 12 Monterey, with pictures of the screens to help.
1. Click the Apple icon in the top left corner of the screen and choose System Preferences from the menu.
2. In the System Preferences window, click Trackpad.
3. If not already selected, click the Point & Click tab.
4. Tick the checkbox for Tap to click.
5. If you want to make it easier to physically click the trackpad, adjust the slider under Click to change how hard you need to press.
6. When you are happy with your settings, close System Preferences by clicking the Close button (red circle) in the top-left corner of the window or using the Cmd + W keyboard shortcut.
Note: If this does not work it could be because your computer settings are managed by someone else (an IT department or administrator for example). If so, you will need to contact them to access these settings or for help.