This section gives you step by step instructions on how to reduce the intensity of blue light in macOS 12 Monterey, with pictures of the screens to help.
1. Click the Apple icon in the top left corner of the screen and choose System Preferences from the menu.
2. In the System Preferences window, click Displays.
3. On the Displays screen, click the Night Shift button.
4. If you want to turn on Night Shift immediately, tick the checkbox for Manual. Night Shift will turn off at Sunrise the next day.
5. To set up a schedule for Night Shift, so that it turns on and off automatically, choose from the options in the Schedule drop-down menu:
6. Choose Custom from the Schedule menu (see above). Choose the times you would like Night Shift to turn on and off.
7. To change how much blue light is allowed, adjust the slider for Colour Temperature. Adjusting the slider to the left (Less Warm) will allow more blue light when Night Shift is active. Adjusting the slider to the right (More Warm) will allow less blue light, making the screen appear yellower when Night Shift is active.
8. When you are happy with your settings, close System Preferences by clicking the Close button (red circle) in the top-left corner of the window or using the Cmd + W keyboard shortcut.
Note: If this does not work it could be because your computer settings are managed by someone else (an IT department or administrator for example). If so, you will need to contact them to access these settings or for help.