This section gives you step by step instructions on how to reduce transparency effects in macOS 12 Monterey, with pictures of the screens to help.
1. Click the Apple icon in the top left corner of the screen and select System Preferences in the menu.
2. In the System Preferences window, click Accessibility.
3. In the sidebar, click Display. If not already selected, click the Display tab on the right.
4. Tick the checkbox for Reduce transparency.
5. When you are happy with your settings, close System Preferences by clicking the Close button (red circle) in the top-left corner of the window or using the Cmd + W keyboard shortcut.
Note: If this does not work it could be because your computer settings are managed by someone else (an IT department or administrator for example). If so, you will need to contact them to access these settings or for help.