This section explains step-by-step how to adjust the touchpad speed on Windows 10, complete with pictures to help.
1. Open the Settings menu by pressing the Windows key, + I on the keyboard. Click on Devices.
2. On the Devices screen, select Touchpad in the left-hand column. If your laptop has a precision touchpad, you can use the slider marked Change the cursor speed on the right. Slide it to the left to slow your touchpad down and to the right to speed it up.
3. If you don't have a precision touchpad the slider won't be visible. Instead, click on Additional settings under Related settings to see the Mouse Properties window. Don't worry that it says mouse - this setting can customise your touchpad too.
4. Click on the Pointer Options tab at the top of the Mouse Properties window, then move the Select a pointer speed slider to the left.
5. Keep adjusting the slider and moving your pointer until you're happy with its speed. Click OK to finish.
Note: If this does not work it could be because your computer settings are managed by someone else (an IT department or administrator for example). If this is the case you will need to contact them to access these settings or for further help.