This section gives you step by step instructions on how to adjust the key repeat time in macOS 12 Monterey, with pictures of the screens to help.
1. Click the Apple icon in the top left corner of the screen and choose System Preferences from the menu.
2. In the System Preferences window, click Keyboard.
3. On the Keyboard screen, select the Keyboard tab.
4. Adjust the slider for Key Repeat. Move the slider all the way to the left to turn Key Repeat off.
5. To change the amount of time before Key Repeats begin, adjust the slider for Delay Until Repeat.
6. When you are happy with your settings, close System Preferences by clicking the Close button (red circle) in the top-left corner of the window or using the Cmd + W keyboard shortcut.
Note: If this does not work it could be because your computer settings are managed by someone else (an IT department or administrator for example). If so, you will need to contact them to access these settings or for help.