This section gives you step by step instructions on how to enable Slow Keys in macOS 12 Monterey, with pictures of the screens to help.
1. Click the Apple icon in the top left corner of the screen and choose System Preferences from the menu.
2. In the System Preferences window, click Accessibility.
3. In the sidebar, click Keyboard, then select the Hardware tab on the right.
4. Tick the checkbox for Enable Slow Keys.
5. Click the Options button.
6. Adjust the slider for Acceptance Delay to change the amount of time between when a key is pressed and when a character is entered.
7. To hear a sound when a key is first pressed and again when the character is entered, tick the checkbox for Use click key sounds.
8. Click OK to save your changes
9. When you are happy with your settings, close System Preferences by clicking the Close button (red circle) in the top-left corner of the window or using the Cmd + W keyboard shortcut.
Note: If this does not work it could be because your computer settings are managed by someone else (an IT department or administrator for example). If so, you will need to contact them to access these settings or for help.