For extra help using your mouse or touchpad, you can customise the buttons or use Dwell Control to perform actions without having to click. To find out how see Make it easier to use a mouse or trackpad with your iPhone or iPad in iOS 15
This section gives you step by step instructions on how to enable and use a mouse or trackpad in iOS 15, complete with pictures of the screens to help.
1. Tap the Settings icon to open the Settings app and tap Bluetooth.
2. Make sure Bluetooth is turned on – the toggle switch will be green. Next, set your mouse or trackpad into pairing mode. Check the instructions that came with it for details, or search for advice online. It should appear at the bottom of the list on your iPhone or iPad, under Other Devices. Tap on your mouse or trackpad to pair it.
3. You can now start using your mouse or trackpad. The pointer is the small grey circle on the screen, and you can move it around and click on items as you would on any computer. When you place the pointer over a navigation item, the pointer will change its shape to a rectangle to highlight it.
4. You can customise how the pointer looks and behaves by going back to the Settings screen and tapping Accessibility.
5. Scroll down to the Physical and Motor section and tap Pointer Control. This setting only appears when you have a pointing device connected.
6. If you want to make the pointer darker so that it stands out better, tap the toggle switch next to Increase Contrast. To stop the pointer disappearing if you don’t move your mouse for a while, set the toggle switch for Automatically Hide Pointer to off.
7. You can also change the colour of the pointer to make it more easily visible. Tap Colour then choose a colour from the list.
8. To make the pointer larger or smaller, move the slider for Pointer Size to the left or right.
9. If you’d prefer that the cursor didn’t change shape when you place the pointer over navigation items, set the toggle switch for Pointer Animations to off. Now when you hover over navigation items, the pointer stays the same, but the navigation item will grow slightly and have a light grey border.
10. To change how slowly or quickly the page scrolls when you use a mouse wheel or scrolling gestures, move the slider for Scrolling Speed to the left or right.
11. When you are happy with your settings, you can return to the Home screen by swiping up from the bottom of the screen or pressing the Home button on devices with a physical Home button.