Created February 2018
You can change the colour settings of your iOS device to a theme which is easier to read by inverting the colours. In iOS 11 Apple have created two methods for using this feature.
- Smart Invert – Reverses all screen colours except images, video and some apps that have a dark interface.
- Classic Invert – Reverses all screen colours including images and video.
- Open the ‘Accessibility Settings’: Settings > General > Accessibility. (See the article Open Accessibility Preferences on this website for more information.)
- Under the ‘Vision’ section, tap on ‘Display Accommodations’. Fig 1.
- Tap on ‘Invert Colours’. Fig 2.
- Tap on the toggle switch for the mode of ‘Invert Colours’ you would like to use (Fig 3):
- The display colours will change immediately. Fig 4.
- When you are happy with your settings, either tap ‘Back’ in the top left of the screen (Fig 6, above) to return to the main ‘Accessibility’ settings screen or press your device’s ‘Home’ button to return to the home screen.
How to enable ‘Increase Contrast‘ https://mcmw.abilitynet.org.uk/increase-contrast-iphoneipadipod-touch-3
How to enable ‘Colour Filters‘: https://mcmw.abilitynet.org.uk/colour-filters-iphoneipadipod-touch