Created February 2018
If you are finding the bright or high-contrast colours uncomfortable, the ‘Reduce White Point’ option lets you reduce the intensity of bright colours whilst not affecting dark and muted colours.
- Open the ‘Accessibility Settings’: Settings > General > Accessibility. (See the article Open Accessibility Preferences on this website for more information.)
- Under the ‘Vision’ section, tap ‘Display Accommodations’. Fig 1.
- Tap the toggle switch next to ‘Reduce White Point’ to enable this feature. Fig 2.
- To adjust the intensity level to a level you find most comfortable, drag the slider that appears below to the left or right. Fig 3.
- When happy with your settings, either tap the back button in the top left of the screen to return to the main ‘Accessibility’ settings screen or press your device’s ‘Home’ button to return to the home screen.