This section explains how you can enable High Contrast Text on your Android device.
Please note: At the time of writing (June 2017), High Contrast Text is an experimental feature which may not work correctly everywhere and might affect the performance of your device.
- Tap on the ‘Settings’ icon on the home screen, Fig 1.Note: If the ‘Settings‘ icon doesn’t appear on your home screen, slide-up from the bottom of the screen to open the ‘app drawer’ to locate it.
- Scroll down to the ‘System’ section and tap on ‘Accessibility’, Fig 2.
- Scroll down to ‘High contrast text’ under the ‘System’ section and tap the on/off toggle switch next to ‘High contrast text’, Fig 3.
- Text colours will change immediately. Fig 4.
- When you are happy with your settings press your device’s ‘home button’ to return to the home screen.
Note: These instructions apply to the stock version of Android 7 Nougat. Please be aware that many device manufacturers add their own customisations to the Android operating systems so you may find minor differences from the steps shown.