This section takes you step-by-step through adding a trail to your mouse pointer in Windows 11, complete with pictures of the screen to help.
1. Launch Settings app by pressing the Windows logo key + I on the keyboard or by clicking the Start button then Settings. Click Bluetooth & devices in the left-hand column then Mouse in the right-hand column.
2. Scroll down and look under Related settings. Click Additional mouse settings.
3. The Mouse Properties window will appear. Click the Pointer Options tab and look under Visibility. Tick the checkbox labelled Display pointer trails to enable it.
4. You can adjust the length of the trails by dragging the slider between Short and Long. Drag it to the left for a shorter trail and to the right for a longer trail.
5. When you are happy with your settings click OK to close the window.
Note: If this does not work it could be because your computer settings are managed by someone else (an IT department or administrator for example) in which case you will need to contact them to access these settings or for further help.