This section will guide through the steps involved in changing the colours in Windows 7. This is a step by step guide with pictures of the screens to help you.
1.Right-click anywhere on the desktop, then select Personalize.
2. Look towards the bottom of the Personalization window and click Windows Colour
3. Click Advanced appearance settings... to open Windows Colour and Appearance
4. Click the drop-down menu under Item: then select Window to change the background colour of the window.
5. Click the drop-down menu under Colour 1: and select a new background colour.
6. You'll see a palette of basic colours, but if you would like to see more click Other.... to open the colour grid and pick your own.
7. Click the drop-down menu under Colour 2 and select a new text colour.
8. You can change the colours of various elements of the Windows interface just by clicking the drop-down menu under Item, picking an element then assigning a new colour from the Colour 1 and Colour 2 drop-down menus.
Click OK to save your settings
Note: If this does not work it could be because someone else manages your computer settings (an IT department or administrator). If this is the case, you will need to contact them to access these settings or for further help.