This section gives you step by step instructions on how to change the system Accent colour in macOS 12 Monterey, with pictures of the screens to help.
1. Click the Apple icon in the top left corner of the screen and choose System Preferences from the menu.
2. In the System Preferences window, click General.
3. Choose a new colour from the Accent colour options
4. Changing the accent colour also changes the highlight colour (the colour used to highlight selected text) to match. To use a different colour for highlights, click on the drop-down menu for Highlight colour and choose from the options.
5. When you are happy with your settings, close System Preferences by clicking the Close button (red circle) in the top-left corner of the window or using the Cmd + W keyboard shortcut.