This section explains how to enable and customise captions in Android 12. This is a step-by-step guide with pictures of the screens to help.
1. Open the Settings and select Accessibility.
2. Scroll down to the Captions section and tap Caption Preferences.
3. Tap the toggle switch for Show captions to turn it on.
4. To change the appearance of the captions, tap Caption size and style.
5. Tap Text size to change the text sized used. Select a size from Very small to Very large. You can use the sample image at the top of the window to preview how your custom captions will look.
6. Now, tap Caption style to change the text and background colour. Select one of the options, and use the preview image to check how easy to read your choice of caption style will be.
7. If you need captions in a different language, tap the back arrow in the top-left corner to return the main Caption preferences screen. Tap More options.
8. Tap Language and select one of the available languages.