This section explains how to enable Dark Mode in iOS 15 and how to select it as a permanent setting. It comes as step-by-step instructions with pictures of the screen to help.
1. The easiest way to turn on dark mode is to use Siri, the built-in voice assistant. If Siri is enabled, just say “Hey Siri, turn on dark mode”.
2. You can also switch to Dark Mode from the Control Centre. Open the Control Centre by swiping down from the top-right corner or, on the iPhone 8 and older iPhones, swiping up from the bottom of the screen. Press and hold on the Screen Brightness slider to open the screen options.
3. Tap the Dark Mode button in the bottom-left.
4. To use Dark Mode all the time, tap the Settings icon to open the Settings app. Tap Display & Brightness.
5. In the Appearance section, tap the screen icon or checkbox for Dark. Tap the Automatic toggle switch to turn it off.
6. Alternatively, you can have Dark Mode switch on automatically. Make sure Dark Mode is active and leave the Automatic toggle switch turned on. By default, it will turn on at sunset, while Light Mode will turn on at sunrise. To change this, tap Options.
7. On the Appearance Schedule screen, tap Custom Schedule.
8. Now tap the time next to Light or Dark and set a new time for that mode to kick in.
9. When you are happy with your settings, you can return to the Home screen by swiping up from the bottom of the screen, or by pressing the Home button on devices with a physical Home button.