This section explains the steps to change the text size for all files and icons that you see in the Finder window, with pictures of the screen to help.
1. Click the Finder icon in the dock to open the Finder.
2. If you're not already in it, switch to the List view by clicking on the List view button at the top of the Finder window or pressing Cmd + 2.
3. Select View from the Menu Bar then select Show View Options or press Cmd + J.
4. Click the drop down menu next to Text size and choose a font size of up to 16pt. You can also make the Icon size smaller or larger by clicking the small or large icon buttons, located above the Text size box.
5. Click Use as Defaults at the bottom of the menu to apply these settings to all folders when Finder is in List view. If you don’t click Use as Defaults only the files in the current folder will have larger text.
6. To apply the same changes to other views, you'll need to repeat this process for each view, selecting a different view in Step 2 then going through steps 3 to 5. When you're finished, click the red Close button.
Note: If this does not work it could be because your computer settings are managed by someone else (an IT department or administrator for example). If this is the case you will need to contact them to access these settings or for further help.