This section gives you step by step instructions on how to make the text and icons larger on the Desktop in macOS 12 Monterey, with pictures of the screens to help.
1. Right-click, or Ctrl + Left-click, on the desktop background and choose Show View Options. Note: You may need to close some windows and/or files that you have open to be able to see the desktop. Alternatively, press Cmd + Alt + H + M on your keyboard to hide all open windows.
2. Click the drop-down menu for Text size and choose a new value.
3. Use the Icon size slider to increase the size of icons.
4. If the desktop items have become bunched up, use the Grid spacing slider to space them out.
5. When you are happy with your settings, close the View Options panel by clicking the Close button (red circle) in the top-left corner of the panel or using the Cmd + W keyboard shortcut.
Note: If this does not work it could be because your computer settings are managed by someone else (an IT department or administrator for example). If so, you will need to contact them to access these settings or for help.