This section explains step-by-step how to adjust the touchpad speed on Windows 11, complete with pictures to help.
1. Open the Settings menu by pressing the Windows key + I. Click on Bluetooth & devices then select Touchpad from the column on the right.
2. Move the Cursor speed slider to the left to reduce the speed of the pointer or cursor when you move your finger across the touchpad. Move it to the right to increase the speed.
3. Alternatively, you can also reduce the touchpad's speed from the Mouse Properties window. Click on More touchpad settings under Related settings at the bottom of the Touchpad window.
4. Click on the Pointer Options tab at the top of the Mouse Properties window, then move the Select a pointer speed slider to the left.
5. Keep adjusting the slider and moving your pointer until you're happy with its speed. Click OK to finish.
Note: If this does not work it could be because your computer settings are managed by someone else (an IT department or administrator for example). If this is the case you will need to contact them to access these settings or for further help.