This section takes you step by step through enabling and using the Type to Siri option on your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch, complete with pictures of the screen to help.
1. Tap the Settings icon to open the Settings app. The icon may appear in a different place on your Home screen, depending on how you have your device and your Home screen set up.
2. In the Settings app, scroll down and tap Accessibility.
3. Scroll down to the bottom of the Accessibility settings and tap Siri.
4. Tap the toggle switch next to Type to Siri to turn it on.
5. Launch Siri by pressing and holding the Home button or the Side button if you have an iPhone without a physical Home button. Hold the button until the ‘What can I help you with?’ screen appears. Type your query into the search box and tap Done. Here we asked Siri to set a timer.
6. Siri will respond to your query. Here Siri is showing the timer counting down.
7. To ask another question while Siri is open, tap the search box at the bottom of the screen to bring up the keyboard.
8. If you want to find out what else Siri can do, tap the ? button next to the search box.