This section takes you step-by-step through using the Zoom control in Google Chrome for Windows 11, with pictures of the screen to help.
1. The quickest and easiest way to use the Zoom control is through keyboard shortcuts. Press Ctrl and + (plus) while Chrome is active to zoom in. Press Ctrl and - (minus) to zoom out, or Ctrl and 0 (zero) to return to the default size.
2. You can also use the Zoom control in the main Chrome menu. To find it click or tap the Menu button in the top-right of the Chrome browser.
3. In the Zoom section, click the + (plus) button to increase the size of text and images. Click the - (minus) button to decrease the size of text and images. Press the Esc key to hide the menu when you’re finished.
4. While you are zoomed in or out, you can make quick adjustiments using the magnifying glass shortcut that appears in Chrome’s address bar. Click on it, then press the – (minus) button to zoom out, the + (plus) button to zoom in, or the Reset button to return to the default zoom level.
5. You can set a custom default zoom level, so that every webpage opens with text at a larger size when you launch the browser. Click on the Menu button in the top-right of the Chrome browser, then select Settings.
6. Click on Appearance on the left-hand side. Now click on the drop-down menu next to Page zoom and select a new Page zoom level.
Note: If this does not work it could be because your computer settings are managed by someone else (an IT department or administrator for example). If so, you will need to contact them to access these settings or for help.