This is particularly useful for children in a classroom, people with autism or those with attention and sensory challenges who have difficulty concentrating or are tempted to explore other areas of the app or device.
- To activate the ‘Accessibility’ features on your device, select ‘Settings’ + ‘General’ + ‘Accessibility’.
- Scroll to the bottom.
- Tap to turn on ‘Guided Access’ under ‘Learning’.
- Tap to select to ‘Set Passcode’ – this is used when ‘Guided Access’ is enabled and prevents someone from leaving an active session.
- To start a session, open the required app.
- Triple-click the ‘Home’ button.
- Select the setting for the session, then click ‘Start’.